accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: cached connector
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 20:39:12 GMT
On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 3:27 PM, z11373 <z11373@outlook.com> wrote:

> I want to add another point from the observation I just did.
> The code in my service will cache the connector based on specific id (let
> call it firm id in this case), so what I just did was to send another
> request with different firm id to that specific service instance. I can see
> from my application log, it creates new connector (and then cache it).
> Then I keep sending request with that second firm id, and got expected
> processing time.
> Then I tried sending request with the first firm id (the one which is
> already cached and in 'bad' state), and it consistently taking long time
> and
> returns after 8s.

For the slow case, would be nice if you send the request and then capture a
few jstacks of the client process.  I would like to see those if you can
share.

Accumulo client code has a good bit of trace level logging.   If you can
change the log4j config while that client processing is running and then
submit the slow request, you may see something useful.