accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Pulling out the examples
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 00:41:55 GMT

Christopher wrote:
> I also wonder what the ASF rule-of-thumb is for stuff like this... the
> examples aren't really "projects" in the sense that they are moving towards
> an official ASF "release", so much as they are code serving as runnable
> documentation.
>
> I do have the concern that every contrib/subproject/extra git repo Accumulo
> has seems to be almost entirely ignored, and I don't want that to happen to
> the examples.

As I understand things:

A PMC governs a TLP. A TLP has >= 1 repository of code.

Creating new repositories doesn't change our governance model (not
suggesting a new project nor TLP), so the PMC just needs to ensure we
have the appropriate policies to follow in place for the new repository
(which isn't even new code, just a new home).