accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Pulling out the examples
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 00:37:27 GMT
I'd like to see some process put into place to mitigate "bit-rot". If
the examples don't live in the "main" repository, how do we make sure
they don't get ignored and become dead or "bad" code?

For questions at the foreground now:

* Can we set up new CI jobs that build the new examples repo against
SNAPSHOT repos?
* How do we vet the examples for a release?
* Does a release of Accumulo "proper" imply a release of the examples?
Or are they two separate things?
* What versions of Accumulo would we expect these examples to build
against? Anything that isn't EOL'ed?

I'm sure there are lots of details that I'm skipping over, but I'd like
to see a plan on how to address these general concerns before pulling
out any code.