accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Enable PreCommit build
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 17:24:36 GMT
Hi,

Per the other thread "Yetus Accumulo 'Personality'" [1], I'd like to see
what people think about turning this on by default.

I've been talking to Sean in chat today who had made a suggestion that
we get our own JIRA acct instead of the "Hadoop QA" user. Aside from
that, I'm pretty happy with this.

There is likely further tweaking we can do (e.g. multijdk builds, try
the sunny-day ITs). One big concern is the presence of a -1/+1 in an CTR
community. We would need some docs to be clear that the PreCommit
comment is a tool for vetting contributions, not a bar that must be
satisfied prior to commit (this is a simple website update).

Anywho -- if you have opinions, please let them be heard now. If there
isn't any argument against, I'll move ahead with this in time.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/accumulo-dev/201601.mbox/%3C568B5BFC.2080209@gmail.com%3E