accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject offload request to another tserver
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 21:07:32 GMT
Hi,
When running stress test, we saw a lot of requests coming to one particular
tserver, and since the row id range (for the scan) is generated in random
manner, then ideally the requests should go to all 3 tservers since the data
in the tablets also should be distributed nicely.

I recall that I ever read somewhere that Accumulo is able to move tablets to
other tservers if it experiences high load (i.e. read request) on one
particular tserver, is that correct?

>From the monitor page, one of the tservers that got heavy request would have
at most 16 active scans, and often 3 digit number inside the parenthesis
(i.e. # of scans waiting). I want to experiment if changing the max active
scans would help the test run faster. Is it possible to change that max
active scans number from 16 to a higher number?

Thanks,