accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From William Slacum <wsla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: delete rows test result
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 16:50:52 GMT
"Reading" all of the rows first implies you're bringing back the entire
result to a client, which provides you serial access to the data.

I think you should re-run test #3 that measures the time it takes to call
deleteRows only. I'm emphasizing this because I've worked on projects that
could quickly define a range to be deleted without reading any data, and
using deleteRows decreased our latency significantly