accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hasNext throws weird exception
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 18:56:48 GMT
When you call the iterator method on a scanner, Accumulo instantiates a
bunch of internal data structures that are specific to that iterator/query.
Scanner is basically a configuration object which has iterator as a factory
method. The iterator is really what does the query work. Calling iterator
multiple times creates multiple, independent queries.