accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: delete rows test result
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 20:04:39 GMT
Hi Christopher,
Do you have any idea what should I do to improve the perf in my case, or
wait until ACCUMULO-3235?

If you look at my test results, calling deleteRows took >15x slower than
calling putDelete for the same table and data. Is it because the actual
number of rows (i.e. being combined) is a way bigger than the number of
combined rows? I'd imagine if deleteRows has to delete 100M of rows, while
putDelete may only need to deal with 3-4M of rows (results from combined),
then it may explain why it'd take that long.

Thanks,