accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: total table rows
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:46:59 GMT
Thanks William! This is indeed what I was looking for.

Text startRow = new Text("k");
Text endRow = new Text("r");
ops.deleteRows("myTable", startRow, endRow);

>From Accumulo book, it said "When you specify start and end rows, the
deleteRows() method will remove rows that sort after but not including the
start row, and rows that sort before and including the end row."

Since it said not including the start row, what is the recommended way to
get the row before (note the row id can be number or letter)? I wonder why
it's doesn't include start row, otherwise my job would be easier.

Thanks,