accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Dylan Hutchison <dhutc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new committers!
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 19:21:10 GMT
Hi everyone!  I just moved from the MIT Lincoln Laboratory to begin a PhD
program at the University of Washington.  My child project for most this
year is Graphulo <https://github.com/Accla/graphulo>-- a Java Accumulo
library that uses Accumulo iterators as matrix math primitives for graph
analytics.

I'm interested in improving iterators and their processing in tablet
servers.  Some iterator ideas are outlined in ACCUMULO-3751
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3751>.  I've also had an
interest in HTrace and have some ideas about improving the trace table's
presentation in the Accumulo Monitor.

At UW I am interested in "polystore query optimization" (a polystore is a
kind of federated system that involves many database system backends and
frontend languages).  I aim to use Accumulo as part of this polystore
research.  The current step I'm thinking about is the mathematical middle
layer: how traditional relational algebra relates to Accumulo's operations
and to linear algebra algorithms.

Cheers, Dylan