accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Russ Weeks <rwe...@newbrightidea.com>
Subject Re: new committers!
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 20:29:09 GMT
Hey, Folks!

I'm based in Vancouver, BC. My background is in networking and network
management - I used to do transport network management (MPLS-TP, 802.1q) at
Ericsson and prior to that, network and systems management at Cray
Supercomputers. I'd say my primary areas of interest right now are around
functional programming and distributed data structures and algorithms.

I first encountered Accumulo in early 2014 when my company was looking for
a secure, consistent, scalable storage system for health care records. I'd
say I have a pretty good understanding of how Accumulo's public API works,
but I'm definitely keen to understand more of what's happening under the
covers!

Looking forward to working with you all,
-Russ