accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Billie Rinaldi <billie.rina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: scan command hung
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 16:13:49 GMT
Yes.  In this case, I would suggest configuring the column families that
have very few rows to be in a separate locality group.  You should be able
to do this in the shell with the command:
setgroups groupname=colf1,colf2,colf3 -t tablename

Here, groupname is an arbitrary name for the group; colf1, colf2, and colf3
are the column families with few rows; and tablename is the table name.
After you create the locality group, you will need to compact the table for
the change to take effect:
compact -t tablename -w

For each table, you can create multiple locality groups tailored to the
access patterns of your data.  There is some additional information about
locality groups in the user manual:
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.7/accumulo_user_manual.html#_locality_groups