accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: scan command hung
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 15:49:10 GMT
I'm wondering if the distribution of your few columns across the actual
rfiles has an impact. I believe it could be that, even without column
families, a subset of the rfiles could be precluded from even being
opened (because we know your given column family doesn't exist in the file).

So, the one column family happens to be only in some files, where the
other column family happens to be included in all the files (or at least
some larger ones). Thus, in one case, Accumulo is just reading much less
data.

You could try to use `accumulo rfile-info` on some of the RFiles in your
table, looking for the column families in question.