accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject tablet split
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 14:39:53 GMT
As my understanding, Accumulo will have data already sorted with row id, and
if the number of rows is growing, it will split the tablet at one point.
For example, let say I have following row ids:

1_abcxxx
1_abdxxx
1_abexxx
1_abfxxx
1_abgxxx
1_abhxxx
1_abixxx
1_zzzxxx
2_abcxxx
2_abdxxx
2_abexxx
2_abfxxx
2_abgxxx
2_abhxxx

Let say the data with row id starts with "1_" has a million of rows, and for
sake of example, let say the tablet size is 400K, so in this case the "1_"
data will be split into 3 tablets.

My question is will Accumulo distribute those 3 tablets into different
tablet server nodes? Or perhaps two or all of them will remain in that
original tablet server?

Thanks,