accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: another question on summing combiner
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 14:33:08 GMT
Thanks Josh! I decided to leave the stats using normal combiner for now, the
stats skew may not be that bad if it does happen.
In the future, I am thinking to have a batch job that will update the stats
correctly, it will be time intensive, but it should be ok since it'll likely
run only once a day.
Back to previous example below.

Current stats table contains:
foo     | 2
bar     | 3
test    | 1

The batch job scan the main table, and going to update the stats table, let
say the actual stats is foo=1, bar=4, test=1, it will first reads the values
of existing stats above, and then 'calculate' the final result correctly, so
it will just update stats table as:
foo     | -1
bar     | 1

After this operation, the values in the stats table will end up correctly
:-)
foo     | 1
bar     | 4
test    | 1