accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: scan command hung
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 23:56:20 GMT
Hi Josh,
Thanks for the reply and the explanation. It does make sense indeed, in fact
I was thinking the same yesterday after playing with it more via shell. The
reason I came up with current design is mostly because it's convenient and
satisfy our needs. However, what works doesn't mean it is the right thing to
do :-)

I think the option #1 you suggested will work, i.e. embed that customer id
as part of the row id.
For option #2 (i.e. using second table as index), the same row id value can
belong to different customer id, which means I have to embed the customer id
to the row id to make it unique, which also means it's same as option #1,
hence no need second table.

Thanks,