accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Gora 0.6.1 Release
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 15:12:01 GMT
Oy, we need to update their dependency...

Also, another project which would be good to add to Christopher's rc-verify.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Gora 0.6.1 Release
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 23:26:38 -0700
From: lewis john mcgibbney <lewismc@apache.org>
To: user@hbase.apache.org <user@hbase.apache.org>,
user@accumulo.apache.org,  user@cassandra.apache.org,
solr-user@lucene.apache.org,  user@giraph.apache.org,
user@avro.apache.org <user@avro.apache.org>,  <user@gora.apache.org>
<user@gora.apache.org>, user@nutch.apache.org <user@nutch.apache.org>,
announce@apache.org,  user@spark.apache.org, user@camel.apache.org

Hi All,

The Apache Gora team are pleased to announce the immediate availability of
Apache Gora 0.6.1.

What is Gora?
Gora is a framework which provides an in-memory data model and persistence
for big data. Gora supports persisting to column stores, key value stores,
document stores and RDBMSs, and analyzing the data with extensive Apache
Hadoop™ <http://hadoop.apache.org> MapReduce
<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/mapred_tutorial.html> support. This
release also offers input and output formats for Apache Spark.

Whats in this release?

This release addresses a modest 21 issues <http://s.apache.org/l69> with
many improvements and bug fixes for the gora-mongodb
<http://gora.apache.org/current/gora-mongodb.html> module, resolution of a
major bug whilst flushing data to Apache Solr, a gora-gradle plugin
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-330> and our Gora Spark backend
support <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-386>. Drop by our
mailing lists and ask questions for information on any of the above.

We provide Gora support for the following projects

    - Apache Avro 1.7.6
    - Apache Hadoop 1.2.1 and 2.5.2
    - Apache HBase 0.98.8-hadoop2 (although also tested with 1.X)
    - Apache Cassandra 2.0.2
    - Apache Solr 4.10.3
    - MongoDB 2.6.X
    - Apache Accumlo 1.5.1
    - Apache Spark 1.4.1

Gora is released as both source code, downloads for which can be found at
our downloads page <http://gora.apache.org/downloads.html> as well as Maven
artifacts which can be found on Maven central
<http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cgora>.
Thank you
Lewis
(On behalf of the Apache Gora PMC)

http://people.apache.org/~lewismc || @hectorMcSpector ||
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lmcgibbney

       Apache Gora V.P || Apache Nutch PMC || Apache Any23 V.P ||
Apache OODT PMC
            Apache Open Climate Workbench PMC || Apache Tika PMC ||
Apache TAC
     Apache Usergrid || Apache HTrace (incubating) || Apache CommonsRDF
(incubating)