accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.5.4-rc1
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 20:20:16 GMT
Christopher wrote:
> The larger concern I have is that expecting it to be fixed prior to 1.5.4
> might mean loss of willingness to create an RC2 for 1.5.4 and release it at
> all. Recall, the 1.5 branch was only revived at all to fix some critical
> issues and move on. It's still a viable alternative to abandon 1.5.x and
> focus on fixing these issues in 1.6, and later, where we've made dramatic
> improvements to the build. Fixing these newly identified issues is going to
> take some time and effort. It's not that it can't be done for 1.5.4... but
> the question is... who is going to do it? Is anybody who issued a "-1"
> willing to step up and resolve these issues? Or will it rely on Josh? I'm
> currently looking at some of the issues to try to help out if I can, but I
> also have other obligations.

Thanks for consideration, Christopher.

While people sharing their opinion is appreciated, a repeated reaction
without offered effort put behind it can come across in bad taste. Not
trying to do discourage the conversation I asked for, I just would love
to come back and see a patch to _fix_ one of the many nits outlined
instead of another "me too".