accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sync datacenter
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 15:08:30 GMT
I believe one lurking problem would be
Scanners/BatchScanners/BatchWriters (and maybe other things reading and
writing data) wouldn't notice the table name swap.

Accumulo presents the "human readable" name for users, but internally
references things by "table id" (see `tables -l` in the shell). This
table ID is immutable and uniquely assigned at table creation.

Clients that don't create new scanners/writers after step 3 will
continue to read/write against the old table.