accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sync datacenter
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 16:35:27 GMT
The Import/Export route won't have any downtime on the "source" system.
You can clone the source table, and use that to run the export. On the
"destination" system, yes, you will only have the data since the last
import.

One thing I didn't think about before is that I'm not sure you can
import to a table that already exists. If you're doing this on a regular
schedule, you would have to do some extra coordination. These snapshots
are full-snapshosts. There is no incremental snapshot support.

As the source table grow, yes, copying the data from one system to the
other (typically, using distcp) will take more and more time.

The above limitations are the base for what the replication feature aims
to solve. Import/Export table, however, are much more simple and
well-tested than replication.