accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Specify Range for data in specific column family
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 20:18:53 GMT
That's very likely not ever going to happen.

Ranges are used for identifying portions of a table to scan. These
ranges are identified by start and end keys. Thus, the granularity of
Key itself defines what is valid in a Range (e.g. you can start at a
row+cf and end at a row+cf+cq).

A second way to limit the data you receive is by requesting a limited
collection of columns via the fetchColumns API methods. These methods
are agnostic of the range of data being consumed, only concerned with
the columns being fetched.

I don't think it makes any sense to try to mash them together :)