accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: sync datacenter
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 13:05:00 GMT
Thanks Josh!
I see there is a 'renametable' command in Accumulo shell.
One possible option I can think of (all steps are done on target side):
1. Import the table to a temp table name
2. Rename original table to another temp name
3. Rename table from step #1 to correct table name

There is downtime incurred (step 2 and 3), but that window is very small.
This downtime is not what I am worried, but I am not sure if there are other
consequences of doing this operation, do you happen to know?

Thanks,