accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.5.4-rc1
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 23:09:46 GMT
 I'm just looking for a way to resolve this given that we have a bunch of -1 votes and no volunteers
to fix the issue. Your work is not lost if there is no release. In fact, based on what I read
regarding release verification in the responses, the issue raised is the only issue that is
keeping this from being a release. Given that, what is the actual difference between someone
building this release candidate tag for themselves and an actual released version of the source?
If it's a matter of not having binary tarballs for users, that could be fixed easily. Are
we going to give less support to users because they are running an RC tag of an unreleased
version?