accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sharding via different tables
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 19:21:30 GMT
I'd expect performance to be slightly better with separate tables than
locality groups, because managing locality groups can be relatively
cheap, but it's not entirely free.

Namespaces work like a table prefix, but also provide a means to
easily configure all of its tables at once. So, they're either
slightly or significantly better than a table prefix, depending on
your needs.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii