accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: using combiner vs. building stats cache
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 20:37:02 GMT
Thanks Josh and Adam!
My bad, I looked at the code again, actually we only call flush in the end
(that override function we have only called at the end), so I have another
issue here, which is the mutation will be lost when the app crash. I will
think about more on how to mitigate this issue.

Thanks for mentioning about the batch writer semantic. Luckily for our case,
the count doesn't need to be so accurate, as it's more like for the
optimizer to re-order the queries based on cardinality. The stats
discrepancy needs to be big enough to screw the result, otherwise it won't
matter much. This is good tips though, and I'll pay attention on it in the
future.

Thanks,