accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: using combiner vs. building stats cache
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:09:51 GMT
Thanks again Russ!

"but it might not be in this case if most of the data has already been
combined"
Does this mean Accumulo actually combine and persist the combined result
after the scan/compaction (depending on which op the combiner is applied)?
For example, let say there are 100 rows of [foo, 1], it will actually be
'combined' to a single row [foo, 100]? If that is the case, then combiner is
not expensive.

Wow! that's brilliant using -1 approach, I didn't even think about it
before. Yes, this will work for my case because i only need to know the
count.

Thanks,