accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: sharding via different tables
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 19:01:38 GMT
Thanks Christopher for valuable insight.
Right now we don't have scenario which it needs to query data from multiple
customers at once. Perhaps some time in the future, and that 'future' seems
could be years from now (or perhaps never), so I think I am inclined to
implement them as separate tables for now.

Though they are in separate tables, I will still apply visibility column for
each row in the table. The visibility string could be something like
customer id. The caller will be another app of ours, so we can trust it
(still need to pass that customer id as authz string).

In term of scan performance, is it true that if we shard by column family or
different table, it won't matter much since I'd think we also can create
separate locality group for different column family)?

Thanks for the tips on using namespace, originally I'd think of using prefix
the table names with customer id. I guess they are no difference, right?

Thanks,