accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Russ Weeks <rwe...@newbrightidea.com>
Subject Column Pagination iterator
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 18:22:50 GMT
Hey, folks,

Any ideas how I might go about implementing a column pagination filter
similar to HBase's [1]? Translated to Accumulo, this would be an iterator
that skips the first m columns in a row and returns the next n columns.

The catch as far as I can tell is that Accumulo could re-seek the iterator
at any time, screwing up the internal count of how many columns have been
seen. I guess the only way to resolve that would be to force every seek to
start at the beginning of a row, and the filter logic would only pass a KV
pair if it's in both the pagination range and the seek range.

This work is in the context of ACCUMULO-638 (and ATLAS-40) which I'll take
ownership of as soon as I make a little more headway...

1:
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/branch-1.0/hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/ColumnPaginationFilter.java