accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.6.3-rc1
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 03:45:30 GMT
The benefit to having several active members is that not everybody has
to set aside time for every action. Of course, your testing is greatly
appreciated, if you're able to do it, but if enough other people are
able to get sufficient testing done and votes counted, that should
also be good enough.

To be clear, I'm not opposed to extending the vote to accommodate
additional testing... I just think the existing mechanisms in place
already enable that to occur if it is the will of the majority, and
I'd prefer to let the majority decide through their action and/or
inaction, rather than take preemptive steps which may not really be
necessary. So, I suggest we let things play out and see how it goes.
Is that cool with you?

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii