accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject ACCUMULO-3871
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 15:41:38 GMT
Hi Devs,

I've been working on running our long-running tests via map-reduce in order
to speed up testing.

In particular, when making sweeping changes to critical code (say,
ACCUMULO-3423 (1) ), it's helpful to re-run these tests quickly to make
sure that instability hasn't been introduced.  The 3.5 hour turn-around
time is not helpful for release testing, either.

I made a comment (2), and would like some feedback on the proposed
restructuring.

Basically, it would break the IT's out into their own project.

-Eric

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3423
2.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3871?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14572979#comment-14572979