accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Excessive WARN'ing from FATE ops
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2015 05:35:13 GMT
A user will already get an error message via the Exception thrown by the
API. They don't need to look at the monitor to see an error message that
they must have already seen (unless the client is doing something dumb
like suppressing the error).

The error message sent to the client should be sufficient for the user
to understand why the command failed. I don't think we don't need to log
a warning on the server for a precondition/assertion failure.