accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.5.3-rc1
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:39:35 GMT
Christopher wrote:
> This vote passes with 4 +1s and no other votes.
>
> I'll go ahead and push the artifacts to Maven central and the mirrors
> and tag the commit / delete the maintenance branch. I haven't been
> able to find time to do the release notes, but I want to do those
> before we do a formal announcement (any assistance would be
> appreciated).

I'll try to start stubbing out the notes on the website. Have you
collected notable changes that people upgrading would care about?

  I was thinking we should include some language in that
> announcement about it being likely to be the last 1.5.x release. I was
> also going to wait for 1.6.3 so we could announce together, unless
> somebody thinks we should go ahead and announce sooner.

I think we should announce as soon as the bits are replicated on the
mirrors and we have the site in proper order.