accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.6.3-rc1
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 03:28:58 GMT
Christopher wrote:
> That's why I put out an rc0 first last week, so people could get a
> head start on testing. 1.5.3-rc1 hasn't changed since 1.5.3-rc0
> (except a typo fix in build.sh for generating the above RC email).
> 1.6.3-rc1 has only changed since 1.6.3-rc0 with that typo change and
> ACCUMULO-2388.

I missed that "go test now" bit, although, the last 4 weeks have been
rather stressful for me and eating into my Accumulo time.

> There are three possibilities:
>
> 1. We get enough +1 binding votes, and the release passes (and
> anything found after can go in the next release)
> 2. We find a problem, in which case we address it as a failed (or
> canceled) vote.
> 3. We get an insufficient number of votes to release because an
> insufficient number of binding voters complete their testing. If that
> happens, we can always call another vote on the same RC artifacts. No
> harm done.
>
> I think #3 is a way to extend the vote naturally, and I'm willing to
> make a follow up release if #1 occurs and somebody who finishes their
> testing late finds something we need to address. So, I don't think we
> should be concerned about 3 days.

Of course, all of the above are well within your power. I was just
requesting some extra time up front since, AFAIK, we're not under the
gun to get these released and I know I likely won't get time to look at
them before Saturday.

I know we likely have the ability to get 3 +1s. I was just hoping that I
could contribute some of my own effort to make sure we ship (a) good
release(s).