accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ease of making release candidates (was: Javadocs in binary "release")
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 02:08:29 GMT
On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 7:39 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
> Christopher wrote:
>>>
>>> The other half of me wanting to fork off this convo is that there's also
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> +0.5 to that. I'm willing to help a bit here, but it's a bit daunting,
>> and it's not even clear to me where we can automate, especially with
>> CMS being involved as a middle-man.
>>

> Yeah, I have _no idea_ what this kind of automation would look like. Trying
> to keep it somewhat decoupled from CMS itself would be good (as it may go
> away in the future -- or at least look different). It was just a pain point
> that I noticed. I went back and forth picking files from the source release,
> putting them in CMS, verifying they rendered right, etc.

One thing you could have done is update all the files before clicking
"commit". CMS is basically a web interface for a local SVN checkout.
You can update many files in this local SVN checkout, examining each
preview render, before ultimately clicking "Commit" which initiates a
final rendering to the staging site. You definitely don't have to
commit one file at a time.