accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ease of making release candidates (was: Javadocs in binary "release")
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 23:39:09 GMT
Christopher wrote:
>> The other half of me wanting to fork off this convo is that there's also
>> >  more to making a release than just making the release candidate. I probably
>> >  had 30+ commits to CMS over the past week (granted some of which were me
>> >  just editing content on CMS), but we have a lot of steps which are now just
>> >  copying files from the release, committing to the site repo. I'd love to see
>> >  more done for automation here that can reduce the pain for the post-RC work.
> [snip]
>
> +0.5 to that. I'm willing to help a bit here, but it's a bit daunting,
> and it's not even clear to me where we can automate, especially with
> CMS being involved as a middle-man.

Yeah, I have _no idea_ what this kind of automation would look like.
Trying to keep it somewhat decoupled from CMS itself would be good (as
it may go away in the future -- or at least look different). It was just
a pain point that I noticed. I went back and forth picking files from
the source release, putting them in CMS, verifying they rendered right, etc.