accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Ease of making release candidates (was: Javadocs in binary "release")
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 16:57:51 GMT
(forking to its own thread)

Oh dear, and here I was about to recommend that we have an end2end
script that does _all_ of the updated things that I wrote down last night.

For context, HBase has a make_rc.sh script that devs can use to make a
release candidate.

https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/dev-support/make_rc.sh

We should be aiming for as much automation as possible. While I can
understand your desire for developers to actually understand what
they're doing, I think we need to focus on making as easy as possible.
That will help make sure _anyone_ can make a release, not just those who
understand all of the intricacies.