accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Accumulo 1.7.0-rc3
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 20:09:49 GMT
In some of my testing on HDFS 2.6.0 and agitation, I believe leases
weren't being recovered until the datanode was restarted (which
agitation killed). Every time I jstack'ed the master, I saw it hung on
the HDFS recoverLease() method. I saw nothing that suggested a bug in
Accumulo (a nod towards Christopher's assessment).

Eric Newton wrote:
> Can you quantify "Some lease recoveries taking a long time in HDFS."?
>
> I think Keith and I are ok with the release. We're looking into our
> (shared) testing environment to figure out why Accumulo and HDFS are not
> getting along during recoveries.
>
> -Eric
>

> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 3:51 PM, Josh Elser<josh.elser@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> 72hr 3node CI verify w/ agitation just succeeded.
>>
>> org.apache.accumulo.test.continuous.ContinuousVerify$Counts
>>      REFERENCED=19706560041
>>      UNREFERENCED=29844289
>>
>> Repeatedly ran into issues with HoldTime from HDFS (wrote a loop to just
>> restart the ingester). Some lease recoveries taking a long time in HDFS.
>> Nothing super impactful.
>>
>> I believe that wraps up all required testing.
>>

>> Josh Elser wrote:
>>
>>> 24hr CI just verified
>>>
>>> org.apache.accumulo.test.continuous.ContinuousVerify$Counts
>>> REFERENCED=5754999773
>>> UNREFERENCED=6000227

CI