accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Accumulo 1.7.0-rc2
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 14:47:30 GMT
Keith Turner wrote:
> I noticed in the compat report that no decode method was added for
> ReverseLexicoder.  I am thinking this was intentional and we are ok because
> its return type is generic?
>
> ReverseLexicoder<T>.decode ( byte[ ] data )  *:*  T

Precisely, there was no parameterized method other than T (or Object
more accurately) to override.

> Are we ok just dropping all of the mapreduce.util stuff?

Ugh, I missed these. Letter of the law, we shouldn't have dropped this
stuff until 2.0. Given the intent of the collective mapreduce codebase,
I think it's ok to do it though.

It looks like this (also, previously confusing) issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-2659 was the root cause.