accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Revan1988 <andrealeon...@gmail.com>
Subject Ingest speed
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 09:35:53 GMT
Hi,
I'm an Italian student and i'm going to be graduated having  thesis about
using accumulo.
I've developed a little java application that reads LOGS in a .json file and
insert them into accumulo.
In my virtual machine my app's insert/sec score is about 6'000.
I see that there are some bench test that scores about 50'000 in my VM.
(It's in $ACCUMULO_HOME/test/system/* folder.)
Those test use the shell call to insert a large amount of data.
So I think that i could write all my insert using an accumulo-shell call in
my app.
I've seen that i can execute that command:

./bin/accumulo shell -u username -p passw -e "insert row fam qual val [vis]
[timestamp]"

but there is a problem: i need to set up the table with the command table
 (infact insert command has not -t
 option).

So there is any way to execute two commands in a row into accumulo shell? i
tried with && ; and other separator but with no success.

The other option that i have is to write a big command file with all
commands that i need and send it to accumulo shell using the command

./bin/accumulo shell -f <file>

it may be a better solution cause i'll connect to accumulo just one time
(and not for every insert)...

Any suggest?

Thank you everybody and sorry for my bad english.

Revan