accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject 1.7.0 Status
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 03:48:36 GMT
Here's the status of things:

* 9 issues total, 5 of which are not release related (e.g. not release
notes, the upgrade instructions, etc).

* I ran a CI ingest for about 4 hours today. 5 tservers, ~1.75B entries,
Oracle Java 8, Hadoop 2.7.1-SNAPSHOT, ZooKeeper 3.4.6, no agitation.
Verified cleanly:

org.apache.accumulo.test.continuous.ContinuousVerify$Counts
   REFERENCED=1706906156
   UNREFERENCED=3000066

Running on virtualized hardware (openstack), so the performance wasn't
that great (long MinCs, lots of short hold times, very spiky ingest).
Thankfully, a lot of stuff has already been knocked out from earlier
testing (lots of HDFS tracing issues were already resolved).

When I next get a chance, I intend to run through some randomwalk tests.
If anyone wants to start picking up some agitation tests (or trying to
hit the really long-running ones), that'd be wonderful.

- Josh