accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenSource Accumulo Tool Licensing Help
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 23:37:27 GMT
Disclaimer: IANAL and you should always do your own research before
applying software licenses :)

The Apache Software License has no bearing on the workings of the ASF.

Generally, the ASL is a permissive license which allows your software to
be used in a variety of ways/means. The source does not have to be
redistributed with this license. You can also relicense the code.

As far as compatibility between ASL and GPLv3 is only one way:
https://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html

GPLv3 is generally similar, but you must distribute the source. Code
which uses GPLv3 must also be distributed as GPL.