accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Interested in working on ACCUMULO-3000
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 19:09:39 GMT
Hi Trent!

Thanks for expressing interest. We're always happy to help new contributors.

A good first step will be to get ACCUMULO-3000 assigned to you on JIRA.
Feel free to comment on that issue or send your username and we can make
sure you have exclusivity to work on that issue (not that anyone else
tries to grab it thinking it's unclaimed).

After that, your steps look right. #4 isn't required. It depends on the
scope of your changes. For relatively small changes, it's often
unnecessary to go through review on RB, but you will often get good
feedback from other devs. An option to ReviewBoard is to open a
PullRequest against apache/accumulo which can also serve as a review
mechanism.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions. Happy coding.

- Josh