accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: More jenkins results
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 20:45:53 GMT
So, I don't think you'd have to use your ASF password unless you
wanted to send using the ASF SMTP. That may not be necessary, unless
the mailing lists check the origin to prevent spam, or something
(would probably need to check with INFRA for info on that). The "From"
line is not actually part of the SMTP protocol itself, so you should
be able to just tell Jenkins to use anything. If there is a check in
place, I *think* all you'd really need to do is subscribe to the list
with the email address you wish to use, and ensure that the MX record
is properly set up for your domain.

Best thing to do is probably to create an INFRA ticket explaining what
you're trying to do (with the from address you want to use and host
you are trying to send from) and see if they can just whitelist the
address.

FWIW, I did see your test message from elserj@apache.org to the
notifcations list...

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 2:24 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not want to configure my server to do that, as it would require me to
> share my ASF password there. I haven't spent enough time to convince myself
> that it's secure enough to do that.
>
> If you can find why exactly it isn't working (I can't even mail from
> elserj@apache.org), I'm all ears. I've just spent too much time already (in
> addition to wasting some of Billie's) to continue trying to figure out why.
>

> Christopher wrote:
>>
>> I'm not a fan of putting it on the dev@ list. There must be a way to
>> add the email to a whitelist. Or... can you configure Jenkins to just
>> send as your from address as elserj-builds@apache.org?
>>
>> --
>> Christopher L Tubbs II
>> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Josh Elser<josh.elser@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> So, posts to notifications@ requires an apache.org email addr. I've lost
>>> interest in trying to make it work any further.
>>>
>>> Are people interested in getting the notifications to this list
>>> (dev@a.a.o)
>>> instead of notifications@? I figure most people probably use filters of
>>> some
>>> form to move things around anyways.
>>>
>>> LMK, I won't set this up without a general ack from everyone since it
>>> would
>>> increase the traffic here dramatically.

UT

I won't be