accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Dylan Hutchison <dhutc...@stevens.edu>
Subject Re: Design-for-comment: Accumulo Server-Side Computation: Stored Procedure Tables starring SpGEMM
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2015 18:59:04 GMT
Hello Sean,

The intended destination is a contrib project to Accumulo.  We will first
develop as an outside project: Graphulo <http://graphulo.mit.edu/>.  We
will create an open source Java library that implements the GraphBLAS
functions, along with a few algorithms on top of them showing how we may
use them for analytics.  Users can use the GraphBLAS functions and
algorithms directly, and developers can build more algorithms on top of
them following the template we've crafted.

I believe the project can be implemented without any changes to Accumulo
core.  That said, some changes to Accumulo core may make the implementation
easier or increase performance.  Looking forward to feedback.

The stored procedure generalization / analogy came up as we thought through
designs.  It seems like many users could benefit from the concept.

Regards,
Dylan Hutchison

--
www.cs.stevens.edu/~dhutchis