accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Current master branch version
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2015 21:32:17 GMT
On Feb 16, 2015 12:51 PM, "Adam Fuchs" <afuchs@apache.org> wrote:

> I don't think bumping up to 2.0 lets us break compatibility anyway
(without
> a deprecation cycle), so I think option B is the only option if we're
going
> to release another version.
>
> Adam

I didn't check yet to see if the breaking changes had been through a
deprecation cycle. I wasn't sure what counted as one given the adoption of
semver. I also couldn't find where in our current versioning guidance we
stated that we'd still do a major version deprecation before breaking.

Are we just going to go with needing things deprecated through all of 2.y.z
before they're removed? Or do we need a DISCUSS thread on the topic?