accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>
Subject Re: Growing project involvement
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 01:06:14 GMT
A reoccurring issue that I've seen is that our discussions tend to go deep
rather than broad. This isn't to say that high discussion volume is bad,
but it certainly can be intimidating, and not just for newcomers. I think
this is a result of topic A leading to topic B leading to topic C, and so
on, all in the same thread. When there are already 30 messages in a thread,
it becomes nigh inaccessible to folks that have not been following it
already.

I would like to see a greater effort to split discussions when there is a
change in topic. This is useful both for the participants' sanity, as well
as future searchers trawling through list archives.

Mike