accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Summary of coworking day
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 02:42:08 GMT
Just to keep everyone who wasn't present in the loop today:

We had another coworking day today in MD. Looking back, I don't think we
remembered to send out a general poll for interest (if we didn't, I'm
terribly sorry).

We had a few shared discussions. I gave an (as-brief-as-possible)
overview on the changes from ACCUMULO-2815 which more closely integrate
Kerberos authentication within Accumulo.

We also had a discussion on how to handle relative paths (from pre-1.6
installations) in the context of future Accumulo versions and how to
transition users to using the new instance.volumes configuration
property. Christopher has already done a good job documenting these
issues and some potential solutions in ACCUMULO-3535.

Sorry again if we missed the public query for interest on this
get-together and I'll try to make sure we do better in the future!

- Josh