accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: data Versions
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:47:04 GMT
I think this is similar to what you asked about in your earlier message.

Call a version of Mutation.put(...) which accepts a timestamp argument
to make sure the correct version of the Key-Value is kept.

By default, the VersioningIterator is configured on tables that you make
which will only show the most recent (largest timestamp) Key-Value when
multiple exist that only differ by timestamp.

As long as you write your data correctly, you should not have to do
anything special at query time to get only the most recent version of
the data.