accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: accumulo query
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 03:17:08 GMT
Yes, the row is the only "index" over the data.

You can limit data from a table based on column family (or column family
and qualifier), but it's typically less efficient than reads over the
row. You can use the fetchColumnFamily or fetchColumn methods on
(Batch)Scanner.

If you use locality groups[1], you can get more efficient reads over
columns in a locality group.

[1] https://accumulo.apache.org/notable_features.html#locality-groups

panqingcui@163.com wrote:
> HI
>     Queries in accumulo mode can only be based on the rowkey or a full table scan query?
There is no other way? For example, I think according to query the value of a Family Qualifier?