accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Heads up on new checkstyle rules in the build
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 22:03:03 GMT
As a part of the recent formatting that Christopher did (thanks again,
for that), he also added the maven-checksyle-plugin to be sure we don't
just commit a bunch of stuff that's re-broken.

Be aware that the checkstyle plugin is bound to the verify lifecycle
phase which means that a `mvn package` won't catch it (just like
findbugs and rat have been operating). It will be a good thing to get in
the habit of running something like `mvn verify -DskipITs` to make sure
we don't break any of these rules.... (like I just did :D)

- Josh